10 Crops For A Survival Garden, list below and based on calorie and nutrient density.
I hope you enjoy this video. Thanks for joining me today! Garden #withme
1. Potato or Sweet Potato: Good nutritonal value, fills you up and stores well.
2. Beans: Source of protein, complex carbohydrates, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
3. Kale, Collards: Biennial, self-seeds, nutrient dense, cold tolerant down to 10 to 15 F. (perennial variteties)
4. Squash: Summer and winter varieties, nutrient rich, fills you up.
5. Onions: 2 crops: leafy greens and bulbs, used to season foods, stores well, can be dehydrated, biennial and self seeds.
6. Garlic: Perennial if bulbs are left in the ground, repels pests, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, medicinal, antioxidants, boosts immune system, use to flavor foods, stores well and can be dehydrated.
7. Carrots: Leaves are edible, root crop, source of beta carotene, antioxidants, fiber, potassium, vitamins A, C, K. Self seeds on the second.
8.Tomatoes: Indeterminate varieties provide continuous harvest till first frost, source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidant, fiber, versatile in salads, sauce, soups, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, can be frozen, and dehydrated. Self seeds.
9. Beets: Leaves are nutrient dense, rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Young leaves can be added to salads, mature leaves can be sauteed or added in soups. Root crop can be roasted, pickled or juiced. Tops regrown for more greens. Cold tolerance 28 to 32 F.
10. Herbs: Annual and perennial. Perennial herbs come back year after year. Herbs posses medicinal properties, contains nutrients, repels insect and animal pests, keeps soil in tact and attracts beneficial insects.
11. Berries (Perennial): Source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber:
Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Marionberry, Goji, Huckleberry, Blackberry, Boysenberry, Mulberry, Currants.
Check out some of my favorite garden tools and
use code “learntogrow15” for a savings of 15% at Bridgetown Garden Tools: https://bridgetowngardentools.com
Below are affiliate links. I get credit when you make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
What I use to feed the soil and plants: Worm Castings: 10% OFF code “learntogrow”: https://vermisterra.com
MY AMAZON STOREFRONT: https://www.amazon.com/shop/learntogrow1
Fabric Pots We Use: https://amzn.to/2WPq2eb
Microgreens Grow Mats: 10% off code: lgt10: https://www.vegbed.com/?ref=xdol0tgxuix
Survival Garden, Heirloom Seeds: https://amzn.to/3cRWqSH
Organic Seeds: 15% OFF code learntogrow15: https://seedsnow.refersion.com/c/8343b
Seeds for Microgreens: (BULK): https://amzn.to/2IaiSf6
Soil, Compost or Potting Mix: https://amzn.to/2E95mVb
Organic Fertilizer: https://amzn.to/2SJUxAVPlants and Cuttings: https://amzn.to/2tl6wqk
Greenstalk Vertical Garden Tower, 10% Off code: learntogrow: http://lddy.no/4anm Compost Tumblers: https://amzn.to/2X09r5p
Garden Tools: https://amzn.to/2X8aMam
Kids’ Garden Tools: https://amzn.to/2E90Khq
Light Fixtures: https://amzn.to/2Bx5f3GWorm Farming: https://amzn.to/2I5nhzQ
STAY CONNECTED WITH LEARN TO GROW:Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/LearnToGrow1Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/learntogrowmisillaInstagram: https://instagram.com/learntogrowFacebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/learntogrow
FOR BUSINESS INQUIRIES: [email protected]
View original video here